New Gas Heater and Heat Pump Controller algorithms now available – save more energy!
Connecting Gas and Electric pool heaters
You can ask us to connect new or existing pool heater to the Pooled Energy Intelligent Pool Controller (IPC). This will enable us to synchronise the heater operation with the other pool equipment and save energy as described below. This arrangement also allows you to operate the heater remotely via the Pool App, where you can set the desired water temperature.
Please contact us to discuss if you are interested.
The IPC will switch the heater on at the times you have requested, and synchronise its operation with the other pieces of pool equipment.
Pooled Energy operates your heater to a water temperature set-point in a much more energy efficient way than a conventional, pool heater setup, especially if your filter pump provides the water to your heater, as it does in most pools. Without a Pooled Energy system, the heater requires that the dependent (usually filter) pump, which provides water flow to the heater, be running at full or near-full capacity to avoid melting the heater or the out-going plastic pipes, regardless of whether the pool temperature is above or below the heater set-point. With a Pooled Energy system, the dependent pump for the heater is only turned on (or up to the required flow-rate) when the temperature is below the pool water temperature set-point. This can save you hours of pump electricity usage each day. We also configure the Intelligent Pool Controller (IPC) to manage the water flow for the heater start-up and shut-down sequences so as to avoid overheating pool piping which can soften and burst or crush unless this is done correctly.
To control Gas Heaters and Heat Pumps.
- If you want the pool to stay warm, ask Pooled Energy to configure the heater into your pool’s operating plan. You can change this by calling us at any time,
- If you just want to heat the pool for occasional use, leave it off the regular operating plan and use the manual overrides in the Pool App to turn it on for the desired duration in time.
- Set the target temperature on the Pooled Energy Pool App.
- Switch the heater on the front panel of the heater and always leave the heater switched ON on its front panel and leave it powered at all time
- Set the target temperature on the front panel of the heater at least two degrees hotter than your target temperature and always leave the heat pump switched ON.
- The IPC will then turn the heater on as required by the plan, or manual override.